We will be accepting applications year round starting March 1, 2020 at various locations (see below).
For more information on how to get started, click here.
Application packets are available to be filled out at Workforce Centers.
Please note that the application process only takes place at the Workforce center. All of the Workforce Centers listed have been instructed to have you fill out an application packet. There are a few pre-screen requirements you will need to have with you when going in to apply:
- Must be or turn 18 by June 1st (or December 1st depending on application time for interviews)
- High School Diploma with a CERTIFIED SEALED Transcript (envelope must not be opened before application) or GED with Test Scores. If you have not graduated you must provide a letter from the school counselor stating your are on track to graduate.
- Must present a valid Class C driver’s license and be insurable.
- Must provide a copy of your Certified Birth Certificate or current passport.
- Must provide test scores from the Work Keys test (test taken at Workforce Center). You will need to call your local WorkForce Center to make an appointment to take this test. Testing takes about 2.5hrs. You must have at least a 4 in Math.
- If you are military or veteran, provide a copy of your DD214 form
- $25.00 money order/cashier's check made out to PPATKS
*If you have additional schooling or certificates please provide copied documentation on that as well.
After you have turned in and completed the pre-screening process (all the information listed above) you will then be handed the offical application to be filled out. All of this will then be sent to PPATKS office where your applicaiton will be processed. Once processed and on the list for an interview, we will notify you for a drug screen. Once the drug screen comes back and everything looks good, we will then send you a certified letter with a time and date for an interview. This will not be changed to fit your schedule. Once all interviews are compelete we will then send out another letter stating your ranking score. We start filling positions with #1 and go up from there. We are not able to determine how many apprentices we will bring in. This decision is made based on Signatory Contractor needs.
Please make sure you keep your contact information current with the PPATKS office. This will help insure that we are able to contact you when needed.